Dates for CORC and Passport Phaseout

Craighton Hippenhammer CHHammer at olivet.edu
Tue Jun 19 10:48:16 EDT 2001

A correspondent of mine sent me the following message about the timeframe for the replacement of Passport with a CORC interface.  The broad outlines of this seem to be confirmed at http://www.oclc.org/oclc/uc/feb01/ppt/houk/houk.ppt but other than that, OCLC's web site seems to be silent on the subject.  Is this old news for most of you?  (I didn't see anything in the archives.)  Can anyone confirm?

Craighton Hippenhammer
Information Technology Librarian
Olivet Nazarene University
chhammer at olivet.edu

    In early June, I was at a meeting on CORC, the cataloging software that OCLC is moving to. Bill Carney of OCLC gave the following schedule for implementing CORC.

July 2002.   CORC becomes the new interface for all formats

Dec. 2002.  Support for Passport ends.  (meaning they will end telephone
support, but the program will still work)

July  2003.   CORC will add macros to its program.

Dec.  2003.   Passport officially dies.