EJI: A Registry of Innovative E-Journal Features and Functionalities

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sun Jun 10 16:48:46 EDT 2001

   _EJI: A Registry of Innovative E-Journal Features and Functionalities_

   I am greatly interested in learning of additional e-journals with innovative or novel features, functionalities, and/or content for listings in EJI(sm), my registry devoted to such electronic journals

                          [EJI is pronounced 'E.J.I.'  _or_ 'edgy [:->]

 _EJI_ is  available at:

           [   http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/EJI.htm ]

   EJI(sm) has been greatly expanded since it was first announced in December 2000

[  http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/0012/0144.html ]

   While I'm interested in Any and All innovative features, functionalities, and content not presently listed in EJI(sm), as well as _categories_ of items not yet identified,  I am particularly interested in e-journals that include a link to "Corrections"  as well as those that employ "Collaborative Filtering" [Also-Read'] functionality.

    As Always, Any and All Contributions, Suggestions, Candidates, Critiques, Questions, Comments, Tax Rebates, Cosmic Insights. etc. Are Most Welcome!

BTW: I'm particularly interested in contributions from SLA / ALA / MLA attendees who may have seen these at The Exhibits. [Thanks!]

    Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Edgy Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

           "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                                           Alan Kay

P.S. For those who've missed [:-)] my postings these past few months, I've been consumed with various writing projects. One of these was an article about EJI(sm) journals for a special issue of _The Serials Librarian_ scheduled for publication in Spring 2002

                  [ http://web.mit.edu/waynej/www/e-access.htm ]

Reserve Your Copy Now! [:->]