Telecommuting

Stacy Pober Spober at manhattan.edu
Mon Jun 18 20:15:26 EDT 2001

We were recently talking about hiring for a web assistant
position and the question came up about whether we would
allow people to work at home, at least part of the time.
Since much of web composition can be done from anywhere, it
makes some sense, but our institution has no formal
structure for this.

Is this done in your institution, and if so, what is done in
terms of keeping track of hours, supervision issues.  If
you've tried this for this or other positions, has it worked
out well for your school or library?

Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries