[WEB4LIB] converting MAC to PC files

Thomas M G Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Jun 7 12:07:53 EDT 2001

StuffIt Expander

http://www.aladdinsys.com/expander

is free for Windows, MAC, Linux, and Solaris.  I've used Expander to
retrieve an MS Word file that was in a MAC BinHex Binary Encoded .hqx file
and it opened fine in MS Word on a PC.  .sea is also one of the extensions
that Expander will read.  Other formats that Expander 5.0 will read are
.sit, .arc, .pak, .arj, .exe, .b64, .gz, .z, .MacBin,. mim, .mime, .mme,
.pf, .uue, and .uu.  But as Réal Rodrigue points out, this program is not
necessary if the file is not compressed/encoded.

Thomas

  Use The Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 2797

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine