[WEB4LIB] ColdFusion in libraries

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Jul 31 16:02:58 EDT 2001

Ben Westra has created Cold Fusion in Libraries Listserv (http://faculty.washington.edu/bwestra/cflist.html), complete with examples (http://faculty.washington.edu/bwestra/examples.html).  Our flagship product, the Ejournals list, is up there, along with details.

Other products we've developed include a multitude of "Toolboxes", a directory of books & chapters by faculty, a historical database of physicians in Texas from around the 1900's, an class registration system, and our most complex product, My Library.

Products we are developing include a dynamic "What's New" that archives short "stories" from our newsletter, a dynamic Biomedical News page that gets newsfeeds from Moreover.com (we're waiting for final permission), and a more elaborate "Search" function.

Good luck.

Karen R. Harker, MLS
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-1698
http://www.swmed.edu/library/

>>> Dan Lester <dan at riverofdata.com> 7/31/01 2:45:37 PM >>>
I'm going to be speaking at a conference next month about ColdFusion
applications in libraries.  I have some to show, both in and out of
libraries, but would be interested in hearing of what some of you have
done WITH COLDFUSION.  (Yes, I know about PHP, ASP, Perl, etc., but am
only interested in EXAMPLES of working library apps using CF.  I also
don't want to get into any religious warfare on the list.  Been there,
done that.)  I'm particularly interested in hearing from any of you
who have been more or less self taught in CF, and even more so if
you're not from a programming background.

If you'll send me any info and URLs it will be appreciated.  Feel free
to send off list.  Any that I use will be used in my talk and linked
from a webpage that I'll send the URL of to the list later.

Thanks

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115  USA