[WEB4LIB] computer books in the library

Ed Veal EVeal at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us
Tue Jul 31 15:24:54 EDT 2001

I just did a search on netLibrary and found 138 titles by O'Reilly. We use netLibrary and I found I have access to 60+ titles that way. Just another idea. Ed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ed Veal
Technologies Assistant, Web Master
Lubbock City-County Library
Technical Services
email: eveal at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us
voce: 806-775-2849
fax: 806-775-2827
http://library.ci.lubbock.tx.us
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> jacobs <jacobs at students.uiuc.edu> 07/31/01 01:33PM >>>
I would agree that O'Reilly is about the most reliable.  Has anyone tried
their new offering called Safari
(http://safari2.oreilly.com/tablhom.asp?home)? From a library standpoint, it
may not be the best option since one is only buying ACCESS to the
information--which could go away at any time. However, if I were a web
developer, it might be worth the $9.95/month (for 5 titles) to have instant
access. (note: this is NOT an advertisement for O'Reilly ;-) )

Regards,

James Jacobs

James R. Jacobs
Graduate Reference Assistant
Education/Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
jacobs at uiuc.edu
   (\
  {|||8-
   (/

"Librarians, Dusty, possess a vast store of politeness.
These are people who get asked regularly the dumbest
questions on God's green earth. These people tolerate
every kind of crank and eccentric and mouth-breather
there is."
--Garrison Keillor, "Lives of the Cowboys"