[WEB4LIB] Re: link annotations

Mike Madin madin at academicinfo.net
Wed Jul 25 20:08:50 EDT 2001

I too believe annotations are invaluable.  Often a good clue of an old web
directory is the lack of annotations.  In the mid-90's even some very good
subject directories were nothing more than long lists of blue text-links.
Not very pleasing to the eye and not very informative for the user.

At Academic Info we try to maintain a healthy balance between a useful
description and writing a lengthy "review" of the site.  Not all listings
though are annotated.  We do not describe a link to a society's newsletter
for example unless to say "full-text unavailable for current issue" or the
like.

To browse the various annotations for sites added this month go to our
What's New page at http://www.academicinfo.net/new.html .

Best Regards,

Mike Madin
Academic Info - http://www.academicinfo.net
Seattle

Send me an email if you'd like to be added to Academic Info's free monthly
announcement list.