streaming media policies?

Marsha Miller Libmill at isugw.indstate.edu
Mon Jul 16 17:41:59 EDT 2001

[posted on nettrain, web4lib, bi-l]

greetings from Indiana State University. if your library is working with streaming media, do you have policies in place [or haven't you gotten that far? which comes first, the product or the policy?].

we're just in the exploration/early development stage of investigating what the university has to support streaming technologies, what we might want to purchase ourselves, and what exactly we want to do with it, both from an instructional as well as a staff training perspective.

we are particularly interested in video production standards, lengths of videos, etc. are you working with other entities on campus on any group projects or just group monies to purchase the necessary technology? any other advise and/or tips would be welcomed.  both websites or word documents would be fine!