[pdalibraries] Library pages on a PDA

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Jul 13 11:39:02 EDT 2001

Our campus is looking at Pocket PCs from Compaq.  The biggest advantage to
them is that you do NOT have to design WAP enabled resources.  Pocket
Internet Explorer will display webpages with images.  I will be
experimenting, once we have wireless worked out for the pocket pc, how well
different databases and other library resources work via the PDA.  You may
want to subscribe to the LibWireless discussion group as well as the ones
you already sent your query to.  It is a yahoogroup I moderate.  Here is how
to subscribe:

Send a blank email to:
LibWireless-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
You will receive a subscription confirmation message.
Just reply to this message and your subscription will be complete.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Not Just Cows: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.
"I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."