[WEB4LIB] Re: HTML Editors

Bin Zhang bzhang at hawaii.edu
Tue Jul 10 19:33:43 EDT 2001

My favorite editor is emacs (w/ html-helper).  In my opinion, it has all the
feature you would want from an text editor, such as: syntax highlighting,
regular expression, unlimited undo's, global find/replace across multiple
files, saving files in DOS or Unix format, etc.

I found the multi-lingual capability is especially useful (I haven't seen an
html editor can do this as well).

And, of course, the builtin FTP is another plus.

-------
Bin Zhang
Assistant Professor and Systems Librarian
Kapiolani Community College Library, University of Hawaii
4303 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
+1 (808) 732-9254 (voice); +1 (808) 734-9453 (fax)