[WEB4LIB] FWD "Search the Web Like a Map" article

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:39:49 EDT 2001

We have been working with Antarcti.ca to develop a more research-oriented version of their MapNet software.  They've indexed a section of PubMed citations and developed an environment that can be searched and browsed.

We are progressing cautiously; we are not exactly sure how our users will take to this new way of searching.  We will be asking some dedicated and technically-savvy users their feedback of this system.

We'd like it to include results of not only PubMed, but our catalog, and our own selection of Web Resources, perhaps even an index of the contents of all these resources.

If you want more info, just let me know.  Antarcti.ca people are responsive and open to new ideas.

Karen R. Harker, MLS
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-1698
http://www.swmed.edu/library/

>>> Ernest Perez <eperez at sparkie.osl.state.or.us> 7/2/01 3:58:22 PM >>>
<http://websearch.about.com/internet/websearch/library/weekly/aa061801a.htm>

Web4Libbers,

Here's an article from about.com concerning searching and visualizing the
internet. It's got some pretty interesting links in it. Thought this would be of
interest.

Cheers,
--ernest
Ernest Perez, Ph.D.