Closing a browser window without a pop-up confirm?

Carol Brown carol.brown at wright.edu
Mon Jul 2 10:20:58 EDT 2001

I was wondering if there is a way to automatically close a
browser window without the confirm message popping up. I
have tried closing the browser with different JavaScript
commands but they all pop up with a confirm message before
closing the browser. We only need this to work on our public
workstation which will be running Windows 2000 with Internet
Explorer 5.5.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Thanks for your help.

Carol

Carol Brown
Assistant Head of Reference and Instruction
Social Sciences Librarian
Dunbar Library, Wright State University
(937)775-3521
carol.brown at wright.edu

" She wanted something to happen--something, anything; she
did not know what"
          -- The Awakening, Kate Chopin