[WEB4LIB] HTML Editors

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Sun Jul 8 19:38:06 EDT 2001

 I just downloaded the trial version of Dreamweaver on Friday morning.  I am
converting the Wireless Librarian website from FP2000.  I really like
Dreamweaver.  You can edit the code directly in code view.  I had to do that
to clean up some of the FrontPage stuff.  I also went ahead and created a
template and just used cut and paste to move my content to the template
based pages.  It allows me to make quick chnages in the navigation of the
site and have it show up in all the pages based on the template.  I only had
a problem with one that page that I couldn't edit after inserting the
content into the template.  I just used the command in DW to remove all DW
comments.  I then was able to edit it.  It is much easier to use than
FP2000.  Now I just need to convince my boss to spring for it.

Take a lookat the new design of Wireless Librarian at :
http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/

Bill Drew