[WEB4LIB] Column on HTML Editors

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Sun Jul 8 16:47:06 EDT 2001

When working in an environment where a particular Editor is not dictated and
I want something more than notepad, I use Cute HTML.
It uses colors to indicate tags and the lack thereof (closing).
I especially like the optional word wrap feature which Notepad can't offer.
I also use the color picker for fonts, etc.
And I take advantage of the automatic menu prompts to chose tag properties.
It has a nice global edit/replace that allows you to make changes in
selected documents with one operation.
However, Coldfusion and other high-end editors have a nicer interface to
switch back and forth to the WYSIWYG view.