Column on HTML Editors

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sun Jul 8 07:27:55 EDT 2001

My next column for American Libraries is about HTML editors.  I'm focusing
on three commercial editors: Front Page, Dreamweaver and Homesite (which is
now bundled with Dreamweaver).  I plan a brief mention of two or three of
the best free/dirt-cheap editors.

I'm soliciting input in the following areas:

1.  Strong opinions (based on real experience) about any of the three
commercial editors

2.  Recommendations for a good freebie (e.g. Arachnophilia)

3.  Also... if you migrated from one package to another (freebie to
Homesite, FrontPage to Dreamweaver, etc.)... what was the outcome?  (Did it
speed up your production, lead to better websites, improve the accuracy of
your code..?)

I did note the April Web4Lib thread (which is imbued with wonderfully
passionate language--"love," "adore," etc.) as well as the July thread about
Dreamweaver.

Comments are due to me by Friday, July 20, 2001; please include your name,
organization, and city/state/country.  Thanks!

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Lady of Leisure (until 8-27-01)