[WEB4LIB] Re: Public CD-R / CD-RW stations in libraries?

rich at richardwiggins.com rich at richardwiggins.com
Thu Jul 5 17:32:57 EDT 2001

OK, Peter, I did my assigned reading.  :-)  (However it was made more difficult by the fact that the Web4lib archive found zilch under "CD-R" or "CD-RW" which is what I call it.  :-) )

I see that you posed the question, but didn't see anyone who spoke up and said they are doing it.  Are you now doing it?  Is there any library out there willing to admit they do it?

It seems to me that if the choice is between supporting some sort of file splitter to handle files > 1.44M on floppy, versus providing a CD-R / CD-RW service, the latter is now the better choice.

/rich