Month/Year for Launch of CogPrints

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Jul 23 14:36:50 EDT 2001

                        _Month/Year for Launch of CogPrints_

    I am greatly interested in learning the "official" launch Month and Year of
CogPrints

                       [http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/ ],

the e-archive for contributions in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science (e.g., artificial intelligence, robotics, vision, learning, speech, neural networks), Philosophy (e.g., mind, language, knowledge, science, logic), Biology (e.g., ethology, behavioral ecology, sociobiology, behavioral genetics, evolutionary theory), Medicine (e.g., Psychiatry, Neurology, human genetics, Imaging), Anthropology (e.g., primatology, cognitive ethnology, archeology, paleontology), as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences pertinent to the study of cognition.

   CogPrints was founded by Stevan Harnad of University of Southampton, UK. [I have attempted to contact Stevan, but it appears that he may be on holiday] [A posting to Harnad's own Psycologuy e-journal
[ http://www.ai.univie.ac.at/archives/Psycoloquy/1998.V9/0049.html ]
regarding CogPrints from Harnad himself indicates that the formal launch "may" have been  in July 1998]

   Thanks for your assistance!

[The Month and Year  may be clearly stated somewhere, but I may be too spaced to see it this Monday [These 8-Day Weeks do catch up with you, ya'know][:->]

   Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Spaced Librarian
Iowa State University