[WEB4LIB] RE: Branch academic library home pages?

Peter C. Gorman pgorman at library.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 20 09:25:40 EDT 2001

Hello,

Our policy has been for the Library workstations in all 30+ libraries
on campus to display the libraries' common home page
(http://www.library.wisc.edu/), so users can walk into any library
and see the same thing. However, we set a "localization" cookie on
many library workstations, and a JavaScript uses it to place a link
to the local library's site in the left column. You can try it out at
http://www.library.wisc.edu/setELcookie.html

--
Peter C. Gorman
pgorman at library.wisc.edu
(608) 265-5291

He commanded the Fidlers to be thrust out of his Seraglio, upon a
mis-apprehension that they were playing, when they were but tuning.
- R. Boyle, _Occasional Reflections_ (1665)