HTML Editors

Linda Woods Hyman lwhyman at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 9 16:58:37 EDT 2001

I've been using CuteHTML (by Globalscape) for my plain vanilla editor. I like it because it doesn't add anything, has a few simple tools, does a great job of "find and replace," and gives me line numbers. I'm trying to incorporate Dreamweaver into our entire site but find it very frustrating at times--still adds a lot of  'code bloat' and such. I like the way layers let me put things where I want them to be; but then other users tell me they have problems seeing the page the way I intended it. CSS, I still don't see the value in practical terms until Netscape is really, really gone. Looking at our server stats, about 60 percent of our users are IE so perhaps it's not too far away.
Linda Woods Hyman, MLS., MA.
Pacific Bell Education First
(619) 237-2020
http://www.kn.pacbell.com