[WEB4LIB] RE: Blocking email, the complaint

Thomas M G Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Jul 18 10:11:43 EDT 2001

Looks like orbs is now or is also orbz.  Its been probably over a year since
I've received (been attacked by ORBS!) any error messages similar to the
ones I got this morning from my mail server.  And this is why I got error
messages of mail that could not be forwarded/relayed:

20010718091533-0400:SMTP-Accept:Connect:[205.231.149.25]
20010718091539-0400:SMTP-Accept:RelayDenied:[205.231.149.25]:<bounce at orbz.or
g>:1
---cut---
20010718091546-0400:SMTP-Accept:Received:[205.231.149.25]:20010718131533039.
AAE372 at orbz.org:711:1:<bounce at localhost>:<"relay%orbz.org">
20010718091546-0400:SMTP-Accept:WARNING:Got bad address
<relay at orbz.org@localhost>, rewrote as <"relay at orbz.org"@localhost>
---cut---
20010718091547-0400:Error-Handler:20010718131533039.AAE372 at orbz.org-Unknown
20010718091547-0400:Error-Handler:20010718131533039.AAE372 at orbz.org-Unknown
	Function: Error-Handler
	Control-Type: Mail
	Submitted-Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:15:45 -0400
	MIME-Encoding: 7BIT
	Host-From: a.ns.orbz.org [205.231.149.25]
	User-From: SMTP<bounce at library.appstate.edu>
	Message-Size: 711
	MTA-Hops: 0
	Channel-To: SMTP <"relay%orbz.org">
	Error: SMTP-Router:UnknownAccounts (WriteUnknownAcct)
	Error-Text: SMTP <"relay%orbz.org">
	Trace: SMTP-Accept
	Trace: SMTP-Router

Interesting it happened while discussions were on going about them.

Thomas

  Use The Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 2797

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine