[WEB4LIB] CD/DVD Server Purchase

Mike Novak prx000 at mail.connect.more.net
Wed Jan 24 17:10:54 EST 2001

David,

I would recommened looking into CD caching technology.  We've had good luck
with a Microtest DiscZerver and its associated software -- our vendor
specifically recommended the Microtest line because of their software.  (We
run a stand-alone DiscZerver VT, see
http://nas.microtest.com/end_user/disc_zerver_vt/ )
I still run an old tower for a few discs we replace monthly, although the
discZerver software does include some features for mothly updates.

Mike Novak
Technology Coordinator
University City Public Library