[WEB4LIB] apache v. netscape enterprise security

Gimon, Charles A CAGimon at mpls.lib.mn.us
Fri Jan 26 10:32:06 EST 2001

My hunch is your "systems folks" are blowing smoke. Call their bluff--ask
them specifically what it is about Apache that they don't like.

Latest Netcraft survey shows 60% of the servers they could reach running
Apache:

http://www.netcraft.com/survey/

Incompetent sysadmins are likely a much greater security risk than Apache is
(as are poorly written CGI scripts, etc.).

--Charles Gimon
  Web Coordinator
  Minneapolis Public Library