[WEB4LIB] global ime (asian text input)

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Thu Jan 11 10:11:26 EST 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 gbarkovi at bpl.burnaby.bc.ca wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We used to offer use of global ime (msoft's browser add on for composing
> chinese, japanese or korean) but recently moved from pcs to thin clients and
> now are unable to make the task bar available. Is there any other way of
> bringing up the language menu apart from the task bar? I tried contacting
> msoft about this but to no avail.
>
> Does anyone use any other program for composing cjk?

I would push the thin client vendor for help.

Will Windows 2000 run in your thin client environment? In it, you no longer
need Global IME, but can use the various IMEs built into the OS.

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com