[WEB4LIB] Re: Use of DDC in web displays

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Jan 2 13:03:41 EST 2001

Sure, there are better models, and Colon is one of them, mainly
because it provides the multiple access points that the others don't.
However, if anyone thinks that any real library with more than about a
thousand books would ever consider changing, they're dreaming.

Yes, we should continue to work on classification systems and use them
where appropriate, but the idea of reclassifying physical books is
just not reasonable.

Happy New Year,

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA