[WEB4LIB] RE: Public Web Browser

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Tue Jan 30 16:16:39 EST 2001

Just downloaded the latest version. I used the blacklist provided by Dan
(forgot his last name) who frequents this list.  It works great without
making any changes whatsoever to it. We will be blocking by type of service
not by content.  This blocking includes web based e-mail, web based chat,
and web based games.  These activities can be done of laptops now used by
over 50 % of our students or on the public computers in the computer labs.
We have 10 public machines for academic research and web browsing.  Are any
college or university libraries using Public Web Browser?

Bill Drew ; Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
drewwe at morrisville.edu <mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu>
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" --
Author Unknown