Help with an international request

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Tue Jan 9 14:25:00 EST 2001

Hi webfolks.  A Hungarian colleague of mine here at our library is working
with the Head of Collection Development at the National Library of Hungary
on a project called "Survey of E-Document Services in Various Countries,"
and I'm not sure where to advise them to look.  One or two sites that
provide summary information might be enough.

Their questions are quite broad and general and I could wing it in
answering some of these...but think there's better information available
than the movie constantly playing in my head.  Any tips y'all have would
be much appreciated.  They have the following questions:

- What is considered an electronic document?

- What type of [E-document] services are available [in libraries]?

 - What are the [library] policies regarding user access to E-documents?

- Are there any user fees?

- Payment of copyright fees (How much?  What documents are subject to
copyright fees?  what is the mechanism of for collecting/trtansmitting
copyright fees?)

- Case studies relating to the above.

Thanks in advance for ANY suggestions or tips.

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509-963-1081 || fax - 509-963-3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu