[WEB4LIB] architectural slide collection conversion

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Feb 22 09:51:14 EST 2001

I actually ended up using irfanview to create the thumbnails.  It also
created the initial webpages containing the thumbnails.  You can see them at
http://www.morrisville.edu/library/architectureslides/.  Irfanview will do
batch conversions of file formats as well.  It can be found for free at:
http://www.irfanview.com/.

Any suggestions on the look and feel of the slide collection would be
appreciated.  The thumbnails load pretty quickly but the full images are
quite large.  Use is intended for our local users only.  The page will
eventually be secured to our users only.  I used FrontPage 2000 to create
the menu system.

___________________
Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
drewwe at morrisville.edu <mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu>
Home: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" --
Author Unknown