[WEB4LIB] Z39.50

Lewis, Erik elewis at state.lib.ga.us
Fri Feb 9 09:11:27 EST 2001

Kitty,
I will say that z39.50 has taken longer than it should to reach the level of
acceptance that it has acheived.  There is quite a disparity amongst the
z39.50 offerings available which can limit it's effectiveness.  One of
things I have been noticing is the growth of ILL systems in the past few
years.  The glue of these systems is the z39.50 standard.

Was any comment offered on that statement?