Visitors to Sejarah Indonesia: Study

Gimon, Charles A CAGimon at mpls.lib.mn.us
Wed Feb 7 18:29:43 EST 2001

In my spare time, I maintain a site "Sejarah Indonesia", devoted to
Indonesian history.

Within this rather narrow field, it is the most comprehensive website on the
subject (at least, I like to think so...) I maintain it as an individual,
not as an academic, and not for profit.

The site gets fairly good traffic, considering the subject. I was curious
about how visitors had found the site, by following links from other sites,
by doing search engine queries, whatever. I did an analysis of the referer
logs from October 2000 through January 2001. The study covers 60918 unique
visitors to the site in that period. You can view a summary at:

http://www.gimonca.com/sejarah/refer.html

Some of you may be interested as well. We spend a lot of time directing
people to places; we don't always get the view from the other end.

(This is my personal study, nothing to do with my employer.)

--Charles Gimon
  Web Coordinator
  Minneapolis Public Library