Public Web Browser

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Feb 7 15:05:15 EST 2001

I am playing with the newest version right now on my laptop.  I don't know
why but it loads faster than the full blown version of IE5.5.  It has
everything that I have been pestering our NT guru to do for us.  The timeout
feature is something we have wanted for a long time.  I am thinking of
disabling second windows so that the timer will reset back to the home page
and limit the number of browser windows.  It can be a real problem.  What
implications would that have for a system like DRA Web2 where javascripts
are used to generate popup windows?  I'm wondering if it might be possible
for the timeout to apply to all windows, closing down all but the main
window.

Bill Drew ; Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
drewwe at morrisville.edu <mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu>
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" --
Author Unknown