Managing Desktop Icons

Jeff Papier mercury at voicenet.com
Tue Feb 6 16:47:39 EST 2001

Greetings Listfolk,

As I've mentioned before, Deep Freeze on our Win95/98 PCs has greatly
simplified life at the library.

Now we're faced with a somewhat different problem:  We have many
applications which run either via Netscape or IE.  We would like some kind
of desktop management software which will create LARGE, distinctive icons
or labels for each application.

We used WIn4U in the past, yet it offers a wealth of security options we
no longer need, thanks to Deep Freeze.  I'm not keen on paying for
features we don't use.

I've had limited experience with Everybody's Menu, but not enough to form
a solid impression of it.  Anyone wish to chime in?

Finally, I've scoured the freeware and shareware sites for free or
inexpensive icon managers, but none seem capable of enlarging icons for
easy public use and visibility.  Am I missing some fabulous program?

Is there an easy way to create one's own custom icons?

Many Thanks,

Jeff Papier	mercury at voicenet.com
Senior Network Librarian
South Brunswick Public Library