[WEB4LIB] Re: Dropdowns, Rollovers and Accessibility

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Tue Feb 6 08:51:26 EST 2001

don't forget the <noscript> tags!.  If you have your dynamic functions
written to the page with javascript and have an alternate simple version
in the no script you can often make an accessible interface.  Don't forget
other kinds of impairment such as colorblindness, using small fonts on
images (which won't scale..there are a lot of people who are not blind,
but their tri-focals don't work as well on monitors to be usable and
finally, don't make clickable things too small (I sprained my right wrist
once, and navigating left handed with a mouse was hard on some
things..also, my mother never seems to have the knack for clicking small
things).

Samuel J. McDonald                                smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Webmaster                              http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University Libraries                        Voice (732) 932-7505
Alexander Library, 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1163