lexibot, copernic and bull's eye

Jeroen Bosman j.bosman at library.uu.nl
Tue Feb 6 08:42:38 EST 2001

Dear all,

does anyone of you know of any comparisons of the harvesting, tracking and
sdi possibilities of lexibot, copernic pro and bull's eye pro? These search
agents claim to search databases as opposed to regular search engines. They
also claim to filter out dead links, and rank documents better than other
search engines. They combine the functionality of a meta search engine
and an offline browser. But I have questions as to their aptness for
staying up to date and delivering sdi-services. I found Bull's Eye and
Copernic are indeed capable of sending scheduled track reports to selected
email addresses. But are they worth the cost, and if so, which one is the
best? I have not found many references or reviews of these products so far....

Cheers,

Jeroen Bosman
Utrecht University Library
Geosource webguide: http://www.library.uu.nl/geosource/