[WEB4LIB] RE: Questia: who is behind it?

Ilene Frank (REF) ifrank at dudley.lib.usf.edu
Thu Feb 1 12:42:17 EST 2001

We're forgetting another possible group who might want to use Questia.
Some people are NOT affliated with any institution of higher learning, yet
they'd still like remote access to scholarly material. Our licensing
agreements do not permit us to sell remote access to these people.  The
public I'm thinking about has needs for materials beyond the scope of most
public libraries. Questia might be able to fill the gap for scholarly
articles, university press books, etc.

I've got the one month trial and if I can get a feel for what Questia's
offering, I'll be happy to tell those users about their service.

--
Ilene Frank, Reference Dept.
Tampa Campus Library, LIB 122