Help, please! IE oddity

Julia Schult jschult at elmira.edu
Thu Feb 1 08:56:29 EST 2001

I just discovered that some of the tables on my government documents pages look very strange in Internet Explorer.  Specifically, while the text is centered with respect to itself, it is all squished over to the left side of the cell.  I use FrontPage, and my first thought was "what has FP done to it now?" but I've looked at the html and it looks fine.  The tables look fine in FP, and they look fine in Netscape.  Here's two pages where the effect is noticeable:

http://www.elmira.edu/library/govdocs/guides.html#topics
(there are two tables here: top table has the problem, bottom table doesn't)

http://www.elmira.edu/library/govdocs/govdocs.html

I seem to be using IE 5.0 (I thought I had 5.5 but it looks like the IT dept. installed 5.0 instead when I got my new computer this fall -- grr.)

---Julia E. Schult
Access/Electronic Services Librarian
Elmira College
Jschult at elmira.edu