running batch files from tray or right mouse menu

Naess, Petter pnaess at usa.no
Mon Feb 5 04:02:23 EST 2001

I have some batch files that I execute intermittently throughout the day to
process certain email attachments as they arrive. The batch files reformat
the email attachments and post them to our local intranet. I'm looking for a
utility that would allow me to put the icons for those batch files in the
system tray, so that I could execute them from there,  or add them to my
right-click mouse menu. I want to avoid the nuisance (although it is a minor
one) of going to the DOS prompt each time I wish to execute the files. Can
someone recommend a program that would allow me to accomplish this?

(The ideal solution for me would be to have a MS Outlook automatically
process the attachments as they come in, on the basis of their unique names,
but I haven't been able to determine whether Outlook can run an external
application on an attachment - or even save the attachment to a specified
directory. I don't think it can do either, but please let me know if I'm
wrong.)
Thanks!)

Petter Næss
U.S.Embassy, Public Affairs