[WEB4LIB] ITKnowledge

John M. Saylor jms1 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:36:49 EST 2001

At 11:11 AM -0800 2/13/01, Vickie Kline wrote:
>We just received the letter indicating that ITKnowledge
>(http://academic.itknowledge.com/) is folding as of February 28, 2001.
>
>Has anyone found any similar services that would make good
>replacements?
>
>We're aware of the netLibrary Computer Science collection, but we'd be
>interested in other options...

Coming soon...
O'Reilly Announces Safari (http://safari.oreilly.com): O'Reilly Books OnlineTM
New service will "Webbify" O'Reilly Technical Books

O'Reilly - publishers of the most popular technical books in Computer
Science and Information Technology have rolled out  individual
subscriptions to   ($9.95 /month for 5 books) their fulltext books
online.

I have contacted the sales rep and she said they will announce what
the institutional site license for libraries will be soon. More
soon...
- john
John M. Saylor                          email: JMS1 at cornell.edu
Director                o           phone: 607-255-4134
Engineering Library    '<,     fax:   607-255-0278
Cornell University     />      http://www.englib.cornell.edu/jms/
Ithaca, NY 14853-220

Information is not knowledge   Knowledge is not wisdom   Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty   Beauty is not love   Love is not music
                                 Music is THE BEST
                                                         F. Zappa