[WEB4LIB] Re: Library Web Page Use

Howard Pasternack Howard_Pasternack at brown.edu
Fri Dec 7 10:49:58 EST 2001

At 07:16 AM 12/7/2001, Karen Harker wrote:
>Having a public affairs department taking over the Web site is far too
>common, nowadays.  The issue is the purpose of the Web site - is it to
>facilitate education and research by increasing access to information
>(through libraries, sharing data, developing online courses, etc.), or is
>it to attract students' tuition and supporters' donations?

There is always hope.  When the University webmaster here was in computing
services, the libraries got relegated to three layers deep.  University
Relations is now responsible for our web and we are now one of the links on
the home page.  A lot really depends on the webmaster or the group doing
the design.

Howard Pasternack
Brown University