[WEB4LIB] Sticky Wickets, Web Woes, Solicited

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Thu Dec 13 01:57:28 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:40:15PM -0800, Karen G. Schneider imagined:
> Have you had to deal with a problem computer user?  O.k., stop
> laughing--I know you all have... but I mean someone who is hacking,
> breaking systems, maybe stealing content or equipment, on-site or
> remotely.

Well I for one would be grateful if you could address the issue
of terminology - specifically 'cracker' as a preferred term to
the maligned term 'hacker'.

I can dig up supporting URLs if need be...

Cheers,
Raymond
--
"You deserve to be able to cooperate openly and freely with other
people who use software.  You deserve free software."