[WEB4LIB] RE: Photos on Home Pages

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Dec 12 16:19:58 EST 2001

> It didn't sound to me like Karen was blaming anyone (except perhaps
> various
> software vendors?).  What she was pointing out was the need for web
page
> authors to have a more solid education than a familiarity with
> Photoshop/Fireworks/GoLive/Dreamweaver/FrontPage.

Absolutely--and a need for library Web page maintainers and systems
staff to have good working relationships that lead to solid
collaboration on Web page development.  That doesn't necessarily mean
that if a librarian wants it, a systems person should provide it. But
there should be communication, and support for enhancements to the
library's site should be an identifiable priority.

Karen G. Schneider                 kgs at lii.org
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
Information You Can Trust!      http://lii.org