Free or low-cost chat

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Dec 26 15:54:35 EST 2001

I've searched around on several lists, including this one.  I've read a
lot about reference via chat, but this is different.  Let's say you were
planning to offer weekly chat sessions for a specific user community,
and you didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Know of a good free or
low-cost chat server, reasonably reliable, good features?  (I lean
toward low-cost vs.  free if it means not getting bombarded with tacky
ads...)  Particularly one that supports providing a URL you can publish?

Karen G. Schneider,   Coordinator
Librarians' Index to the Internet
http://lii.org        kgs at lii.org