[WEB4LIB] block text search/replace utility?

Tara Calishain calumet at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 19 11:52:56 EST 2001

At 11:43 AM 12/19/2001, Christopher Adams wrote:
>I'm looking for a utility that will do a search and replace on blocks of
>text in a large file. The blocks of text are about a page long. In some
>cases, the text is replaced with space, and in some cases it is replaced
>with other text.
>
>I have found free utilities that do a good job of replacing lines or
>words in one or multiple files, but have not found one that does a good
>job at replacing large blocks of text.

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV TextPipe. Luv luv luv.

I don't know how large your file is, but I regularly run 700K text files
through it
and it doesn't even burp. I use it also to place HTML "wrappers" around text
files. The wrappers are large blocks of text though I don't think they're a
page
long.

You can get a free trial version at http://www.crystalsoftware.com.au/ .

Tara

Tara Calishain / tara at researchbuzz.com
----
ResearchBuzz -- Search engine, database,
and online collection news since 1998!
http://www.researchbuzz.com