FW: [WEB4LIB] Using Dreamweaver

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Dec 17 16:23:19 EST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: laura kortz [mailto:laura at edunet.tc.columbia.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 2:52 PM
To: drewwe
Subject: RE: [WEB4LIB] Using Dreamweaver

Bill,

We recently converted about 80% of our site (600 pages were converted) to
Dreamweaver templates. They appear to work pretty well, but we did have some
problems. For instance, we were copying and pasting stuff from old pages
into
the template and it couldn't be done directly into the page. The pasting had
to be done into the code ... More later.

For examples:

old site is at http://lweb.tc.columbia.edu

new site is at http://lux1.tc.columbia.edu

Laura

p.s. You might consider using includes for header and footer instead of
templates.