Link checking software

Francesco Giacanelli francesco.giacanelli at tiscalinet.it
Thu Dec 13 12:09:55 EST 2001

[I send again the message, because I have answered to a single address and not to the list. sorry for the inconvenience]

I tried Xenu's Link Sleuth (http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html). It is quite fast, free and works on different version of Windows. No graphic, but simple HTML report (it is possible to export report in a text file). On the web page the author compare the software with WebAnalyzer and Net Mechanic.

I tried it on the link page of our site (static HTML, about 100 links) and it was faster than other - but web based - service (notice that we have an ISDN dial-up connection, unfortunately not always very reliable).

Hope this helps
Regards
Francesco Giacanelli
Librarian, Roma (Italy)