Library Web Page Use

Greg Facincani gfacincani at sec.state.ri.us
Mon Dec 10 15:49:30 EST 2001

I beg to differ.  I come into a lot of academic library pages through the
home page.  I find a lot by going to www.watsamattau.edu (for example) and
burrowing down from there (if they have a library link).  Otherwise, I have
to find what the address is for the library specifically by some other means
which takes me more time.  So, for me anyway, links to the library off the
main page are very useful.  And is even for information where I don't have
to pay a fee.  Like finding staff listings, phone numbers, etc....

Greg Facincani, Technical Services Librarian
Rhode Island State Library
Opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect my institution, yadda
yadda yadda

My apologies for not writing clearly enough in the text below.  Of
course you are right that a great many users connecting from off
campus IP addresses are students and faculty.  I was trying to
indicate that the ones who are not already affiliated with the
university probably doesn't care about the library, and that if s/he
did, a great many academic libraries would provide minimal or no
services to them anyway, at least unless they paid a fee.

dan