Software distribution/image tool

Grace Agnew grace.agnew at library.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 31 11:25:21 EDT 2001

Everyone,

We are looking for a software distribution and workstation image creation
package that is not as problematic as Ghost.  We has some problems
installing Ghost in test and some of the problems other users on campus
have shared with us have put us off.  We really want something
problem-free, not just for software distribution but for the ongoing use of
workstation images problems with it. Our campus IT department is using
PictureTaker by LANovation, a commercial solution that IT recommends as
much easier and more robust than Ghost.  At $2800, it is rather expensive,
however.

Does anybody else have other suggestions?  --Or do you have experiences
with either Ghost or PictureTaker to share?  Is PictureTaker worth the money?

Thanks!

Grace Agnew