Job posting: Systems Librarian, Detroit Area Library Network, Detroit MI, USA

Michael C. Piper aj0386 at wayne.edu
Tue Aug 28 17:59:28 EDT 2001

DALNET, the Detroit Area Library Network, seeks candidates with credentials
to qualify at a rank of Librarian II or III as our Systems Librarian. This
contract post is renewable annually one year in advance. We're looking for a
service-minded teammate who will deliver:

* Responsive customer service and training in support of DALNET's Horizon
integrated library system.

* Technical expertise in making library collections from our 22 members
digitally accessible.

This post requires a ALA-accredited MLS, along with flexibility, a
willingness to take risks, the capacity to learn constantly and quickly, and
an abiding public service perspective. This position became vacant when the

Starting salary is negotiable, depending on qualifications. Excellent
benefits, including TIAA/CREF or Fidelity, tuition assistance for employees
and family members, relocation assistance and 22 vacation days per year,
with university holidays.

DALNET is based at Wayne State University, a Carnegie Research University I
with a commitment to teaching and learning excellence. With 31,000 students,
including 20,000 undergraduates, Wayne State ranks twenty-first in the
nation in terms of enrollment. The University is situated in Detroit's
cultural district amidst museums, theaters, medical facilities and corporate
offices, and is accessible from several freeways.

Open until suitable candidate is found. For application procedures, see our
Web site (www.hr.wayne.edu/employment/POSTINGS/00011602.htm
<http://www.hr.wayne.edu/employment/POSTINGS/00011602.htm> ). Please direct
inquiries about this position to the address in the job posting. This
message is being sent to multiple lists; please excuse any duplication.

Michael Piper, Director
Detroit Area Library Network
aj0386 at wayne.edu