[WEB4LIB] RE: Web Usage Statistics

Mariner, Vincent vmariner at fgcu.edu
Tue Aug 21 08:16:17 EDT 2001

I'll be presenting "An introduction to web server statistics and using them
in web site redesign" at the LITA National Forum
http://www.lita.org/forum01/index.htm this October in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
If there is any chance you will be attending, please do drop in for the
program.  That said, there are at least a few products both free and of
various prices that may be able to help you.

What appears to be the most popular of the free products are Analog
http://www.analog.cx/ and Webalizer http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.

Fee-based products include Webtrends http://www.webtrends.com/products/log/,
Wusage http://www.boutell.com/wusage/, FastStats
http://www.mach5.com/products/analyzer/index.html, LiveStat
http://www.livestat.com/Report, and Accesswatch http://www.accesswatch.com/.

There are many others and I'm sure you will get some good suggestions and
things to watch out for when using web server statistics from members of the
list.