[WEB4LIB] text only sites

Margaret Escherich esche_ma at oaklandlibrary.org
Wed Apr 25 17:39:49 EDT 2001

I suspect you're talking about what you're planning for your redesign,
rather than your current pages, no?

In any case, separate text-only pages, if that's the only way you can
provide ADA accessible information, are a good idea.  (IMHO, ADA-accessible
pages to begin with, instead of 'seperate but equal' sites, are a better
idea...)

Having given my 2 cents, try http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/betsie/.  I have
been meaning to experiment with it; the demos look good.  It is
self-reportedly the automatic text-only generator used by the BBC.

-Margaret Escherich
 Oakland Public Library
 Oakland, CA