[WEB4LIB] RE: Headphones -- revisited

Lelia Nichols lnichols at victoria.lib.tx.us
Wed Apr 18 16:23:57 EDT 2001

Hi, I posted the original question about headphone cleanliness.  And while I
know we cannot rid ourselves of all germs, my main concern was not
necessarily germs, but HEADLICE.  Our library is in the part of town with
underpriviledged children in the neighborhood. They run into the library
when not in school to entertain themselves on the computers.  We previously
did not have headphones.  When we acquired the headphones, my concern came
up.

We have found, that the new clorox wipes in the pop up containers work
great.  We clean the headphone each morning, (one wipe is wet enough to
clean several headphones) and have them available for patrons to ask for
them if they desire.  These are inexpensive compared to individual alcohol
wipes.

Thanks and don't worry so much...........
Lelia A. Nichols
Senior Computer Lab Assistant
Victoria Public Library
361-572-6867